Friday, April 1, 2011

Is it a fruit? Or is it a vegetable?

Last week I made a batch of sugar loaded cupcakes, so this week I decided to make something slightly more healthy, so I decided on Zucchini muffins. So my motto of the week has been, "Well it has to be somewhat healthy, it has a vegetable in it!" But now that I think about it, is zucchini a fruit or a vegetable? While you ponder that or google it, here is the recipe...


Zucchini Bread [makes 2 loaves or approx. 3 dozen small muffins]

3 eggs
7 oz oil [slightly less than one cup]
2 1/4 cup sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
2 tsp ground cinnamon
1 tsp salt
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp baking powder
1 3/4 cup flour
1 1/2 cup zucchini
1 cup chopped pecan [optional]




Combine all ingredients and bake at 350 degrees for approx 1 hour for loaves and 45 minutes for muffins, depending on the size of the muffins.







This recipe came out of the book On Baking: A textbook of baking and pastry fundamentals [2nd Edition].

I hope that everyone enjoys some wonderful healthy vegetable/fruit muffins :]
Muffin Pyramid [Yes they have Halloween wrappers! That's all I had!]



No comments:

Post a Comment